Just for YOU: 2014 Auto Enthusiast Day [Gallery]
Nitto Tire uses the tagline "Fueled by Enthusiasts," and their second annual Auto Enthusiast Day is further proof that they're serious about that. This past weekend Nitto's Auto Enthusiast Day 2014 was filled with drifting and ride-alongs, a diverse car show, various vendors, and lots of giveaways...oh yeah, did we mention the whole event was free?
It's always good to get together with other car people, but one of the unique aspects of Auto Enthusiast Day was the variety of cars that showed up! How often do you see an off-road rig just returned from Ultimate Adventure next to a GT-R?! There were groups of imports, domestics, lifted trucks, lowered trucks, race-ready, stanced — you get the point. Coming together as enthusiasts with a common love of all things cars was both unique and refreshing to experience.
Throughout the day drift demos, with raffled off ride-alongs, took place — with all of Nitto's Formula Drift drivers present: Vaughn Gittin Jr., Matt Powers, Matt Fields, Chelsea DeNofa, and Odi Bakchis.
Other than the treat of seeing, hearing, and smelling drifting all day long, the biggest thrill was seeing all five drivers do a tandem!
Browse through the gallery below to get an idea of the variety and fun that took place and sign up to Nitto's newsletter so you can be sure to hear about the next event!
Congrats to the following car show award winners:
- Best Livery: Victor Along | Mercedes E-Class
- Best Lifted Truck: Ryan Bollins | Landcruiser
- Best Lowered Truck: Josh Pruitt | 1969 Chevy Pickup
- Best Female-Owned: Genesis Lopez | Mitsubishi Evo 10
- Best Interior: John P | Mercedes CLS 500
- Best Audio: Ken Ticknor | Dodge Charger
- Best Paint/Finish: Ralph Pierson | Dodge Magnum
- Best 4dr Sedan: Chris Haydostian | Subaru STI
- Best 2dr Coupe: Patrick Mejia | Acura NSX
- Best Motorcycle/Bike: Joaquin Borreta | 2014 Chopper
- Best VIP/Lux: Mike Vo | Lexus GS
- Best Japanese Old School: Joshua Leach | Datsun Bluebird
- Best American Muscle: Mark & Robin Adams | 1972 Chevelle
- Best Performance with Dyno Sheet: Jose V | 1997 Toyota Supra
- Best Vendor Display Vehicle: Brian Scotto | Hoonigan RWB Porsche 911
- People's Choice: Billy Bautista | Nissan 240z with RB25 engine
- Best Represented Team: Team Evolve
- Beast Overall Team: Team Legacy
- Best of Show: Alfred Senato | Infiniti G35
- Best of Show on Nitto Tires: David Reagon | 1968 Chevy Camaro